Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Green grass, fat lambs and good dogs!

Is there anything better than green grass, fat lambs and good dogs? Well, I suppose it is in the eyes of the beholder, but THIS beholder thinks life doesn't get a whole lot better than that!

We have been truly blessed this spring with the right combination of moisture and sunshine to make it look like a garden of eden around here. I have heard that other parts of the country stay green all year so those of you who live with so much of it might not appreciate it as much as those of us who only get it 2-3 months out of the year.


The lambs, calves and colts are growing rapidly and seem to look healthier than ever. My husband keeps trying to convince me that a lot of it is in my attitude but I don't think so.




The dogs are all enjoying the sunny yet cool weather to work in as well. Above is Jag bringing some ewes and lambs back that had found a hole in my fence.
I'm going to try to post some picture's in the next few days of the just dog's working as well. Hope you enjoy them!

5 comments:

Robin French said...

Wow, gorgeous. And yes, please post pictures of the dogs!

We're getting really dry here. Poor Bart is trying to figure out how to limp on 3 sore feet, from the hard ground.

Laura Hicks said...

Hey Robin,
Got lots of final's stuff to get taken care of the next couple of days but I'll sure try to get some pics of the dogs up soon.
Poor Bart. Tess is finally coming home again tomorrow. We're so excited to be getting her back again.
Laura

Robin French said...

Well if you change your mind and decide she's a pain the patootie, you just send her right over here to me! :-)

Luisa said...

I'm so writing this up for "Take Your Dog to Work Day"! Laura, you write so well and take such good photos -- thanks for starting this blog!

Laura Hicks said...

Hi Luisa,
Thanks for the kind words. I'm really enjoying it, just need to be more consistent now.

I loved the "Take Your Dog to Work" piece on your blog. If I could be half as talented with writing as you are I'd be thrilled!!
Laura